*This post contains affiliate ads
Life becomes challenging when one of two things are happening.
One you remain stuck living (making decisions from and acting in) old limiting patterns.
And the second happens when you have awakened to the fact that you are responsible for everything that happens to you. All of it. And the challenges arise when you’ve owned up to yourself, and are working very hard with focused effort to change yourself within along with changing the outer factors in your life.
Here are some simple steps to staying focused and meeting your challenges this week:
1. Expand that mental viewpoint. For every challenge you cross this week, take a deep breath, step back and watch what is going on right now. Are you simply rushing? Are you struggling with your Yes’s and No’s? Are you needing to express yourself better? Are you taking part in other’s drama or creating your own? Are you overscheduled?
2. How can you slow it down a little for the next few hours? Not the whole day, for you must be productive and make progress. But for this next short block of time – slow down. Gather your thoughts, get refocused on YOUR priorities, your values, and where you are going with your life and who you are working hard to become.
3. Take a break. This isn’t about your job, your house, your money or anyone else. Get up, walk out, take a brisk walk, put on headphones, or go treat yourself to a quiet cup of coffee. Take a break, be with yourself so that you can get your mind back to a place of peace and creating great things.
(If anyone stops you just say you have an appointment to keep. Bosses and meetings be darned. You are your # 1 priority. They will be fine without you for 15 minutes. One must learn to keep appointments with themselves first.)
4. During this quiet personal break time, get back to what is important to you. What are three things you can do for yourself this week to bring you peace and rejuvenation, and/or that will continue building your life to where you want to be headed?
Schedule these into your planner, adjust your duties, and stick to making these three things happen for yourself. Refocus and write down a quick list of the three most important things for you to be making progress on this week.
5. Be open to receiving good things. Ask for help with simple tasks to lighten your load and allow you to focus on what you need to be doing. Get clear and be direct with the people in your life – reset those boundaries.
Keep the bar raised and don’t settle for less than what you deserve.
You set the standards for your life and everything in it based on how you value and respect yourself.
Every time life or people toss you a challenge, disengage. Don’t participate in it. The dust will settle itself if left alone. Refocus on your true priorities and values and let life’s challenges go right on by.
Click below to Vote For Me!